A word from Devlin DeGuise:
How I wish I could meet the Other Mother. While I love this story, I'm sure readers have hurt this lovely creature by siding with Coraline. I could share how ungrateful I have always found her to be. Then, perhaps, the Other Mother could teach me to sew.
About Coraline by Neil Gaiman:
Join Coraline for her discovery of a strange door that leads into an alternate world.
Strangely, the land seems to be a tantalizing mirror of her own life – only, vastly superior. Everything appears splendid, until she learns that her Other Mother longs to transform Coraline into the ideal child so she can trap her in the increasing dark world forever.
Armed only with her sharp wit and indomitable spirit, Coraline must outsmart the Other Mother to escape her chilling grasp.
What Others are Saying?
Fans everywhere have fallen for Neil Gaiman's classic...
- "Gaiman’s tale is inventive, scary, thrilling and finally affirmative. Readers young and old will find something to startle them." — Washington Post
- “A magnificently creepy story.” — Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
- “Gaiman’s pacing is superb, and he steers the tension of the tale with a deft and practiced narrative touch.” — Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
- “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, rise to your feet and applaud: Coraline is the real thing.” — The Guardian
- “The most splendidly original, weird, and frightening book I have read, and yet full of things children will love.” — Diana Wynne Jones
- “It has the delicate horror of the finest fairy tales, and it is a masterpiece.” — Terry Pratchett
- “An electrifyingly creepy tale likely to haunt young readers for many moons.” — Publishers Weekly (starred review)
- “Walk through the door and you’ll believe in love, magic, and the power of good over evil.” — USA Today
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price